Dayanand Dinanath College, Institute of Pharmacy (DDC-IP)
Institute having full fledged Pharmacy setup for teaching Bachelor and Masters students in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
1. Department of Pharmaceutics
- There are three laboratories in which Physical Pharmacy, Preparative Pharmacy, Dispensing Pharmacy, Formulative and Industrial Pharmacy, Practice of Pharmacy and allied subject's experiments are performed. These laboratories are equipped with special equipments for the experiment models of pharmaceutical industries. The students are also trained to study, formulate, label and dispense medications in specified dosage forms.
2. Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Two laboratories are allocated for the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry. In these laboratories, in basic organic, inorganic and physical chemistry are practiced. Also, experiments related to chemistry of natural products, chemistry of synthetic drugs and medicinal chemistry are performed. These are important laboratories for those who are interested to become research scientist in leading pharmaceutical industries, as the expertise will be gained from simple periodic table to complex sequences of syntheses for new drugs. Many sophisticated equipments and a wide range of glass wares are being used in these laboratories.
3. Department of Pharmacology
- DDCIP has two sprawling laboratories for Pharmacology department where the animal experiments are carried out by both in-vitro and in-vivo procedures to understand the Pharmacodynamics and Pharmacokinetics of the drugs with the physiological systems of the animal body. Our college will soon be approved by CPCSEA for conducting animal experiments and these experiments are conducted after the approval of the Ethical Committee as regulated by CPCSEA (necessary process is under pipeline). On the other hand, computer software is available for the basic demonstration of pharmacology experiments to avoid sacrificing laboratory animals for these experiments.
4. Department of Pharmacognosy
- Is the science deals with the detailed studies about the natural drugs obtained from plant, animal, mineral and marine sources. A laboratory of Pharmacognosy is providing information regarding the natural drugs, their identification, cultivation, collection, preparation, chemical constituents, uses, identification tests, determination of possible adulterants and the detection of the same. Many crude drug specimens, demonstration charts are available in the laboratory in order to make the students to understand organoleptic, macroscopic, microscopic, chemical and pharmacological characteristics of those drugs obtained from natural sources. Modern methods like chromatography and spectrometry are also studied for existing and new natural products.
5. Department of Microbiology
- Laboratory equipped with Laminar Air flow Bench in Aseptic working area for working with microbial culture.
6. Department of Instrumentation Analysis
- Central instrumentation lab enclose the equipments for the practical industrial pharmacy and pharmaceutical analysis in its two portions, the laboratory and the Instrumental analysis room.
7. Departrment of Computer
- The computer lab is equipped with 20 PCs to provide basic training to use the computer and net brwosing facility etc.